Fall 2015 Grad Malaina Turner has a new position at Rady Children’s HospitalFall 2015 Grad Malaina Turner has a new position at Rady Children’s Hospital

Fall 2015 Graduate Malaina Turner is now Supervisor of Patient Access Central Authorizations at Rady Children’s Hospital.

She is supervising the Rady Children’s Medical Practice Foundation surgical authorization team and the Hospital based infusion, hematology/oncology, and proton therapy authorization team. The teams are responsible for obtaining and tracking authorizations for the respective departments within the hospital.

“I am the liaison between our central authorization department and each of the offsite clinics.”

“As a supervisor, I am responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of both teams. I track productivity, quality, and training requirements for each staff member. I am responsible for handling patient and parent grievances, along with insurance disputes.”

“Getting my MAS definitely helped prepare me for my position and I believe set me apart from other applicants.” – Malaina